7 Reasons Why May is Our Favourite Month for a BC Roadtrip
When it comes to road trips, most of us don’t need any convincing that British Columbia is rich with options. From Vancouver you can head east, west, or north and find yourself discovering new places at every turn. If you choose to go west, you’ll find Vancouver Island, the Sunshine Coast, or the Gulf Islands. Head east and the options are to the Rockies and pass through Kane Valley in the Okanagan and the Kootenays. Going north will introduce you to some great backcountry options as you head up the Sea to Sky corridor up to Lillooet or the Fraser River Canyon route, both of which lead into the Cariboo Chilcotins. If this is the route you choose, you can’t go wrong with a visit to Wells Gray Provincial Park!
Although June through September are the most popular times for travellers to visit British Columbia for camping season, we are really starting to appreciate May as possibly the best month to #gofurther on a BC roadtrip. Here are seven reasons why:
1. Money talks: Our rates are $50 lower per day in May than they are in the peak months of June - September. This will leave some extra cash in your pocket to explore the (endless) activities available in BC such as fishing, whale watching, mountain biking, surfing, white water rafting, winery tours, and of course, breweries!
2. S’mores, anyone?: It’s no secret that summers can be dry, often causing fire bans. Campfires are a sure bet this month.
3. Warm temperatures: April showers bring May flowers and… our first taste of those summer nights when you can stay out star-gazing without your winter jacket.
4. Forests are lush and waterfalls are at peak strength: Need we say more?
5. School is still in session: Before the youngin’s start singing the anthem “Schools out for summer” there are many more options to have a slice of BC all to yourself!
6. Brand new gear: We update our gear every season so you get to be the first to use all of our top-of-the-line camping equipment!
7. It’s the official start of summer!: Use the inaugural camping trip of 2019 to get you stoked for all of the upcoming adventures to be had this season! Pouring over mapbooks while out in the backcountry is one of our favourite past-times, and the best time to do it is while you’re breaking in the season